Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 08:50:21 -0500
From: Kelly Schrum <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fwd: TwHP contract work
To: =?windows-1252?Q?=93mack=93?= <[log in to unmask]>,
 Cynthia A Kierner <[log in to unmask]>,
 =?windows-1252?Q?=93rdecarol=93?= <[log in to unmask]>

Good morning. I received this message from a colleague at the National =
Park Service. She has a part-time position for the spring to help =
publicize Teaching with Historic Places online. It's a good group of =
people to work with and a good program overall.

Do you know anyone who might be interested or could you circulate it to =
history and art history grad students?

thanks,
Kelly

> Position:
> The National Park Service (NPS) Heritage Education Services (HES) =
office is
> seeking one or more students in a graduate education, or public =
history
> with an education emphasis, program for contract work. The =
contractor(s)
> will assist with a project to publicize the Teaching with Historic =
Places
> (TwHP) online professional development materials to schools of =
education,
> professional education organizations, and other appropriate audiences. =
(The
> contract will actually be with the National Conference of State =
Historic
> Preservation Officers, with which NPS has a Cooperative Agreement).
>=20
> The contract position provides an excellent opportunity to learn about =
the
> National Park Service Cultural Resources programs, about heritage
> education, and about the TwHP web based tools for teaching and =
learning
> history, social studies, and other subjects.
>=20
> Duties:
> The contractor(s) will research appropriate schools, government
> departments, organizations, professional groups, professional =
development
> providers, and other audiences for publicizing and promoting materials =
on
> the Teaching Teachers the Power of Place professional development =
section
> of the TwHP website.  The contractor(s) will then create a list of
> recommended contacts and information for communicating with those
> identified, including specific names, if possible, and with websites, =
if
> available. In consultation with HES staff, the individual(s) will =
draft
> emails designed to appeal to target audiences and follow through by
> communicating with identified audiences and groups by email and phone =
calls
> and work on developing additional ways to reach those who would =
benefit
> from the TwHP program and offerings, in consultation with HES staff.
>=20
> Pay:
> HES is seeking a single individual, or two students who would work
> collaboratively, for no less than half time apiece, for 12-24 weeks,
> depending on the hours worked. The contract will pay $20 an hour for =
up to
> $10,500 for one person or $5,250 for two people.
>=20
> Contact Information:
> For more information or to apply, contact Beth Boland, Historian and
> Program Manager, Teaching with Historic Places (TwHP), Heritage =
Education