Hi mark,

Good luck with the PhD viva.

I got GeoMason from the Google Code Subversion.

> From what I can infer you're trying to dynamically render
> the color for each geometry based on looking up some real value from
> an agent?

Yes. What I  do is  to updated the  color of the geometry using some
real value from a matching agent (note my agents are the world
countries therefore therefore there is a one-to-one mapping between
agents and geometry. )

Now, the code works which means that the map is updated but I have to
click on the map (it seems that my clicking on the map the repaint
method is invoked). What I fail to do is to make the update
automatically.

The question is how can I force the display to update the color of the
geometry by calling the public void draw(Object object, Graphics2D
graphics, DrawInfo2D info) at the end of each simulation?

   public void draw(Object object, Graphics2D graphics, DrawInfo2D info)
     {

     	MasonGeometry gm= (MasonGeometry)	object;
     	ArrayList<AttributeField> arrayL=
(ArrayList<AttributeField>)gm.geometry.getUserData();
     	Iterator itr= arrayL.iterator();
     	AttributeField attriField;
		while(itr.hasNext())
		{
     		 attriField = (AttributeField) itr.next();
     		 if (attriField.name.equals("CNTRY_NAME"))
     		 {
     			 paint = colorMap.getColor(getAgent((String) attriField.value));
     			// System.out.println(getAgent((String) attriField.value) + "
"+ attriField.value);
     		 }

     	}

         super.draw(object, graphics, info);

     }

The getAgent((String) attriField.value) method returns the 'Oil
Production' of the relevant agent/country at the relevant simulation
step.

Regards,
Vlasios
Dr Vlasios Voudouris  <[log in to unmask]>
CIBS Deputy Director
Centre for International Business and Sustainability
London Metropolitan Business School
London Metropolitan University
84 Moorgate, London EC2M 6SQ, UK

web (CIBS): http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/lmbs/research/cibs/
web (gamlss): www.gamlss.com
web(Cities Institute): http://www.citiesinstitute.org/staff/vlasios-voudouris.cfm
SSRN Author: http://ssrn.com/author=1145910

Save a tree...please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to