good,
 in this way I can launch it even without set env varibles

C:\ecj>java ec.Evolve -file ec\app\tutorial1\tutorial1.params

I set  Path and CLASSPATH either "c:\ecj\" (without "). And it doens't make any difference. In fact if  I type:

C:\>java ec.Evolve -file tutorial1.params
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ec/Evolve
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ec.Evolve
Could not find the main class: ec.Evolve.  Program will exit.

The error is the same; or I missed something about the meaning of "path", or something went wrong (I even did reboot).

 Any hints? thanks.