ECJ has traditionally been developed on a mixture of OS X, Linux, and
Windows.  I myself solely run ECJ on OS X and Linux: testing and/or
development on Windows is largely done by those PhD grad students who
use Windows.  (Note that our last Windows user just finished his PhD).

I believe that ECJ should run fine under Windows or run with minor
bugs at most.  It runs great under UNIX platforms, and rightly so, as
it's often targeted to back-end server machines.

Sean