On Nov 22, 2010, at 10:13 AM, Wei He wrote:

> Does ECJ supply full support for Strongly-Typed Genetic Programming?

Yep, though not polymorphic typing.

> To be more specific, if I want to define a Java method with a char
> type input data and a self-defined Bike type return data as a GPNode,

The example you provided assumes you're casting data.  That's not the
right way to think of it.  ECJ's GPNode objects hand data back and
forth to one another using a GPData class you have specified.  I would
just include in that GPData instance all the instance variables for
possible kinds of data you might need to transfer from one GPNode to
the other.

See the Strongly Typed GP section of the ECJ Manual
	http://cs.gmu.edu/~sean/temp/manual.pdf

Sean