Dear Prospective Fall Graduates,
There are some changes to graduation processing that I’d like to bring to your attention:
For Fall 2010 Conferral, the online graduation application will be turned off on November 12th. After that date, students will be required to complete a paper application and request their advisor’s signature. This process will help the Registrar’s Office manage late graduation applicants. After the deadline, the student will be required to take more responsibility for making sure that all requirements for graduation have been met.
This week we are beginning to audit the graduate graduation applications for Fall 2010. Please check the following required document carefully and submit them to me by November 12th, 2010.
1. Seminar attendance sheet - You will need to attend total 10 seminars before your graduation, please visit for seminar attendance sheet.
2. Plan of Study - you may download the form from .
3. Scholarly Paper OR Thesis defense Presentation – You will need to invite at least three ECE faculties to attend your presentation; one of them has to be your advisor. You may book a conference room for presentation through me; after the room has been confirmed, you will also need to provide me an electronic copy of your flyer and abstract right away, so we can post it on ECE website.
4. Scholarly Paper Option: Scholarly Paper approval Form - You may find this form available online at http://ece.gmu.edu/graduate_forms/MS_Scholarly_Paper_Approval_Sheet.pdf . Please have the form signed by your advisor after your scholarly paper presentation and submit it to me by the November 12th, 2010.
5. Thesis Option: Graduate Thesis Approval Form - You may find this form available online at http://ece.gmu.edu/graduate_forms/ECE_Graduate_Thesis_Approval_Form.pdf . Please have the form signed by your advisor after your scholarly paper presentation and submit it to me by the November 12th, 2010.
6. Scholarly Paper or Thesis – Student who is working on Scholarly paper, please finalize your scholarly paper and submit two double sided copies to me; Students who is working on thesis will need to submit one double sided copies (regular copies, no need cotton paper with fancy bender) of your thesis to me by the library deadline which is 5pm on Friday, December 10, 2010. This information available at University Dissertation & Thesis Services website http://thesis.gmu.edu/ .
7. Please make sure to update your mailing address for receiving your diploma in patriotweb!
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Academic Programs Manager
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Volgenau School of IT & Engineering
George Mason University MS 1G5
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030