On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:51:17 -0500, Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>A quick note on PSO implementation in ECJ: it's got lots and lots of
>problems.  Don't use it.  I wrote a new version of PSO that actually
>works while at FOGA, but accidentally deleted it yesterday, along with
>other changes, before committing them.  :-( :-(  I'm fairly down about
>that.  Until I get that rewritten, I suggest avoiding it.

Hey Sean,

is that info up-to-date? I didn't find much in the changelogs on PSO and since
my grades for this project are relying on the results I get from ECJ, it's
important for me to choose the right PSO-framework. :-) Our supervisor
recommended ECJ, my teammates, who implement the genetic programming
stuff, are quite pleased, but I can't find much introductory material on PSO.

Would you recommend using ECJ-PSO for a hard MLCLSP? Or is it just not
ready?

Would be great if you could help me!

Sincerely
Jan-Hendrik