Mason Ph.D.'ers:

To my continued amazement, I have a defense date and time for me to defend my dissertation, entitled, "'Croppies Lie Down:' Orangeism in Low and High Irish Protestant Political Culture, 1790-1801." This will take place in Johnson Center Meeting Room D at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 23.

I'll place a hard copy on reserve at the Johnson Center in the next few days, but I have also placed a link to a PDF of the review draft at:

http://mason.gmu.edu/~wcarpent/dissertation/dissertation2010.html

I will be singing a few sectarian songs from the 1790s at the event, so consider yourselves forewarned.

--Bill Carpenter