Attention Potential Fall CGE Interns:

You can still apply online to be placed on a Fall 2010 Semester Internship in London:

http://globaled.gmu.edu/programs/internships/londoninternsemester.html

Click here to see a list of past placements.

CGE INTERNSHIPS accomplish two important tasks at once:

1) Earn academic credit toward your major or minor.
Working 3 days per week at a professional company earns you 6 Mason credits.
The other two days you take three courses taught by local British Faculty for a
total of 15 credits for the semester. Weekends are "free:"

    * Shakespeare's London (taught by Mason Academic Director Dr. Devon Hodges)
    *
British Life and Culture (3 credits of either HIST 388 or GOVT 496)
    * Survey of Western Art (ARTH 201) or Comparative British Politics (GOVT 444)

2)
Gain professional experience. In the past we've placed students with the
British Parliament, Bell Pottinger Group, British Museum, or the Center for
Economic and Business Research
, among others.  Attached is a list of placements
where our students have interned in the past.

Interested? Questions? Contact Sarah Mournighan at 703.993.2106 or click on her
name to email her.
We look forward to hearing from you soon. Remember, we will
accept
online applications all the way up until the 4.30.10 application deadline
so there's still plenty of time to apply!

If you are interested in a unique volunteer opportunity in downtown DC,
The Education Office at the Embassy of Spain
is looking for volunteers to help
during this year's European Union Embassies' Open House to be held on Saturday,
May 8, 2010. Anyone interested in learning more should check the webpage below
or email Elena Iglesias at [log in to unmask]:

http://www.mepsyd.es/exterior/usa/es/enlaces/eu2010/openhouse2010.shtml

Last but certainly not least, students interested in hearing from other students who
have studies abroad should attend tonight's Study Abroad Student Showcase
at 7pm in SUB I rooms A & B: http://today.gmu.edu/51856/ See you soon!

Sincerely,

Kevin Stoy
Marketing Coordinator
Center for Global Education at George Mason University
Ph: (703)993-2132, Fx: (703)993-2153
Web:
http://globaled.gmu.edu