Interesting approach.  I was thinking more along the lines of my primitives being "move-randomly" "drop-pheromone" "pickup-food" "move-towards-home" where my functions would be like "if-food-here" or "if-carrying-food" or "move-to-adjacent-food-else".  I'll put some thought into what you said though, thanks.  If I were to model it like above, doubleData wouldn't make a lot of sense,w ould it?