Hi Everyone,

I am very new to ECJ, and Java as a matter of fact.

I am currently having a problem with my GA population using ECJ. The problem
is that although my algorithm seems to be creating several individuals
(genotypes at least), it is populating the GA population with the same
individual (last genotype generated by reset() method in matrixgene.java
attached). I spent loads of time trying to understand the problem (i tried
to trace the function executions including the cloning functions and
printing all sort of testing statements) but unfortunately i am stuck.
Anyone know what might be causing this or shed some light.

My individuals are GeneVectorIndividuals and my gene representation is
defined in the attached file. I basically followed the instructions on
http://cvalcarcel.wordpress.com/tag/ecj/ which define a CharVectorGene,
except in my case, my individuals have only one gene, which is a matrix.

many thanks in advance,

Salem