Hi everyone,

For those of you seeking experience or in need of a field site to test
new methods, I'm enclosing an announcement on ESL volunteer
opportunities in N.VA.

Have a good semester!

"Are you looking to get more experience in the classroom while giving
back to the community? Hogar Immigrant Services, a nonprofit
organization that is a branch of Catholic Charities, is looking to fill
a few volunteer teaching spots in its ESOL program. Teachers teach
between one and a half and two hours, just once per week. Our fun-loving
team of over 275 volunteers taught survival English to nearly 3,000
adult immigrants last year. We are now recruiting volunteers for our ESL
classes at the following locations:
-Annandale High School- Wednesday evening from 7-9pm (1 opening)
-All Saints Church in Manassas- Sunday afternoon from 11:30am-1:20pm (1
opening)
-Our Lady of Angels Church in Woodbridge- Tuesday or Thursday evening
from 7-9pm (2 openings on Tuesdays, 4 on Thursdays)
-Hogar Immigrant Services offices in Falls Church- Tuesday or Thursday
mornings from 9-10:30 (1 opening each day) Monday evenings from 6-7:30
or 7:30-9 (one opening each time slot)
New volunteers are welcome to attend our “ESL Boot Camp” training on
Saturday, January 30^th .
If you are interested, please contact Sheila Sullivan at (703) 534-9805
x238 or [log in to unmask] for more information"