Dear FAST TRAIN Students and Faculty,

Many of you have already heard about the tragedy that took the lives of one of our students Sharon Brown, wife of current student Jeff Brown, and their daughter Margaux, last week.  Details of the incident have been widely reported.  To facilitate sending the many condolences that have come in for Jeff and to give him privacy during this time, I will be collecting any thoughts or wishes any fellow students or faculty you would like to send.   Please email them directly to me at [log in to unmask] and I will make sure they are passed along.

Attached to this email is the text of a press release by Jeff Brown's brother, which gives the family's account of the accident.  Jeff has asked us to distribute this to help answer questions and clear up any incorrect information in press reports.  Please note that the attachment contains graphic descriptions of the accident, so some of you may not wish to read it.

On behalf of everyone in the FAST TRAIN office and George Mason University, our thoughts go out to Jeff during this difficult time.  We will email out any more information should it become available.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Coarts
--
Jennifer Coarts
Coordinator, FAST TRAIN Programs

Ph: 1-703-993-3602    Fax: 1-703-246_8996

http://fasttrain.gmu.edu