Dear Students

This year we will have Virginia Academy of Science meeting at James Madison University  in Harrisonburg, Virginia. It will be Friday May 21st. Let me remind you that you are required to present your studies at least once before graduation in the MS or PhD programs, and it is better to finish with this requirement as soon as possible!

Please discuss with your PIs the possibility for your presentation. Harrisonburg is a drivable distance, you can combine a few into the same car, also there is on the spot student accommodation there if you want to stay overnight. (Please see the instructions for student travel reimbursement on the website http://gstf.gmu.edu/).  Registration fee is $10. Also, you can coordinate with my students, as we will be driving there for sure.

Please note that the deadline for submission is February 12th. Instructions for submission are attached.  AT THIS TIME the abstract itself is not required. But as you got committed to the one or another project already, you can submit title of your presentation in the format attached (please follow it to the letter). By the time of presentation (May) you will already have material to present.

Format of the submission is in the attachment.

with best regards,

Ancha

Dr. Ancha Baranova
Associate Professor,