Good Afternoon All,

On Wednesday November 4th, 2009, the Association of Black Faculty, Administrators & Staff (ABFAS) will hold a "brown bag" community luncheon, which will feature a roundtable discussion titled: "Healthcare Reform and Its Impact on the African American Community."  The discussion will be facilitated by Dr. Charlene Y. Douglas, Associate Professor in College of Health & Human Services at Mason. The intention behind this discussion is to find out more information from an expert in the field, while talking candidly among coworkers about the healthcare system in a non-politicized and non-partisan setting. Additionally, this event furthers the organization's commitment to highlighting the many accomplished fellow colleagues in their respective areas of expertise from within our campus community.

Attached to this email are materials for your review as a primer for the discussion. Please feel free to print the Power Point presentation as handout/notes pages, and bring it with you should you desire. (Note: three slides per page = 10 pages, five double-sided, and the PDF handout, "Reform Bill Comparison Primer," is 12 double-sided pages.)

Finally, the session, to be held in the Paul Robeson Room of the Johnson Center (240A), will begin promptly at 11:30 AM, and conclude at 1:00 PM. This event is open to all interested members of the Mason community. Thanks to all of our Mason colleagues and ABFAS members for participating in this social activity as well as your continued support of ABFAS.  For more information please visit our website at http://www.abfas.gmu.edu/.

Mika'il A. Petin
703.993.4080 or 703.993.4085
Associate Director - African and African American Studies
http://aaas.gmu.edu