ECE Students:

The following job opportunities were sent from an IT recruiter from The Midtown Group.  Please contact them directly.  I have no more information regarding the positions and I will not respond to any inquiries.

- Jessica Skinner

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Doubroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Subject: The Midtown Group
To: [log in to unmask]

My name is David Doubroff and I am an IT recruiter with The Midtown Group.  I am working on the following opportunities and wanted to see if you could post them on the Computer Science website?  If you have any questions, please contact me via the information below.

1) FPGA Design Engineer-Rockville, MD($75-82k)

Requirements:

    * BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or higher
    * 2+ years of work or research experience in FPGA design and verification using VHDL, Xilinx ISE, EDK, ChipScope, ModelSim
    * Familiarity with Xilinx FPGAs, Microblaze, and Rocket I/O DesignExperience in implementing signal processing algorithms on FPGA
    * Familiarity with Matlab/ Simulink
    * Ability to perform system design ,implementation and testing independently
    * Experience with High speed designs >200 MHz
    * Ability to debug designs using lab equipment such as Digital logic analyzers and Oscilloscopes

Preferred qualifications:

    * RF/ Communications/Radar theory knowledge
    * C/C++ programming capability
    * US citizenship or permanent residency

Job Duties

    * Work with research scientists to define the requirements and architecture of the FPGA systems
    * Implement signal processing or control functions on FPGA development systems or custom boards
    * Document the FPGA design
    * Write technical papers and reports

2) RF Design Engineer-Rockville, MD($75-85k)

Description

The Midtown Group is seeking to hire an RF design engineer meeting the following requirements:
• M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field;
• Three years of experience in RF technologies including RF/microwave circuit design and system analysis;
• Three years of experience in electromagnetics, antennas and phased array, and special antennas such as ultra-wideband antenna and electrically small antenna design;
• Familiar with EM CAD tools such as HFSS, Microwave Studio, ADS, Microwave Office, and IE3D;
• Experience in wireless power transmission and RFID technologies would be plus;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residency is preferred.

Job Duties

• Conduct R&D for wireless technologies, including communications and radar;
• Design, implement, and test RF/microwave circuits and systems;
• Design and develop novel antennas or phased array antennas and related RF circuits for wireless applications;
• Perform electromagnetic and RF analysis for wireless communications, RF sensing, and radar systems;
• Analyze and advise on the selection and application of subsystem components;
• Develop and verify electromagnetic simulation models using FEM, FDTD, and MOM;
• Use test equipment including network analyzers, oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyzer to analyze and experiment with antenna and electronic systems;
• Prepare technical writings, including grant proposals, progress reports, test procedures, and user manuals.

Education

Masters Degree

Electrical engineering or related field

Experience

3 years

RF technologies including RF/microwave circuit design and system analysis

3 years

electromagnetics, antennas and phased array, and special antennas

The Midtown Pledge

The Midtown Group is Washington, DC's premiere professional career consulting firm. Through exemplary service, our team of dedicated consultants consistently exceeds our clients’ and applicants’ requirements. Armed with a vast network of the most talented and professional employees and clients in the DC metro area, we save you time, effort, and financial resources as we provide staffing solutions and opportunities that completely meet your needs.

David Doubroff

Sr. IT Recruiter

The Midtown Group

900 7th St NW Ste 725