I'm curious what are you doing that is different that the Neighborhood comparison done in:

J. Kennedy and R. Mendes (2006). Neighborhood topologies in fully
informed and best-of-neighborhood particle swarms. IEEE Transactions
on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews,
Volume 36, Issue 4, pp. 515-519.

-Travis

> Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:43:32 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: PSO in ECJ with different neighborhood topologies
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hi I need to write a paper about the performance of different neighborhoods
> in PSO. I chose ECJ as the tool. How can I change the neighborhood in ECJ? I
> read I have to rewrite the assignNeighborhoodBests function. However I dont
> have a clue about how to do this. The one used is obviously a ring topology.
>  How for instance can I transform the function into a star, pyramid, van
> Neumann topology? Is it much effort to do so? Thanks for your help!!!
>
> Or do you have a different tool to suggest where I can simply change topologies?
>
> kind regards
> Philipp

Windows 7: Simplify your PC. Learn more.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen1:102009