On Sep 22, 2009, at 2:36 PM, Claes Gyllenswärd wrote:

> >Unfortunately, Java's generics are *grotesquely* inefficient,
> making them entirely inappropriate for an EC system.  It's one
> reason why ECJ uses them nowhere.  :-(
> They are? I was under the impression that generics was no more or
> and no less than syntactic suger.

If you're using generics for typing classes, they're harmless.  Just
covers for casting.

If you're using generics for doing auto-boxing and unboxing of numeric
types, they're really *really* inefficient.  It's not like C++ in this
respect.

Since we were talking about floats and doubles, I presumed the second
situatio.

Sean