If I recall correctly, floats were chosen because the speed penalty one gets
when using doubles?
Do we have any idea about what the difference is today? 5, 50, 500%?
I'm quite new to java, but would it be possible, with reasonable work, to
template things, so that one can choose between float and double, depending
on preference?