Good morning History students. Two quick important announcements:

1. Due to popular demand, CGE will again offer a program in Ireland this
winter break
. According to faculty director Dr. Nicholas Wolf the program
will look at Ireland's "living history, encapsulated in the country's
cathedrals, Celtic high crosses, ancient tombs, rocky coastlines, boggy
lowlands, and magnificent castles. Beginning in Ireland's most Irish-speaking
region, Galway, we'll be taking trips to see the Aran Islands, Kylemore Abbey,
and the spectacular Cliffs of Moher. We'll then move on to Dublin, a bustling
and young city, but with great history resources including the National Museum
and, within a few hours' drive, sights like Trim Castle (the place where they
filmed Braveheart!) and Glendalough church..."

2. Tomorrow morning marks only three weeks left to apply to CGE programs.
Have brunch with us tomorrow at 11am in the JC and meet the faculty who will
lead upcoming study tours. The CGE staff will also be available to field ques-
tions regarding the application process, including important info on how to apply
financial aid and scholarships
to a program's cost.

We hope to see you soon!

Kevin Stoy
Marketing Coordinator
Center for Global Education at George Mason University
Ph: (703)993-2132, Fx: (703)993-2153
Web: http://globaled.gmu.edu/