I overrode the ec.simple.SimpleFinisher class as follows:

package collaboration.gp.finisher;

import java.awt.BorderLayout;
import java.awt.event.WindowAdapter;
import java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException;

import javax.swing.JFrame;
import javax.swing.JTextArea;

import GP.ERCIndicatorInterface;
import ec.EvolutionState;
import ec.Individual;
import ec.gp.ADFStack;
import ec.gp.GPDefaults;
import ec.gp.GPIndividual;
import ec.gp.koza.KozaStatistics;
import ec.simple.SimpleFinisher;
import ec.util.Parameter;
import graphics.ChartDisplay;

public class RunFinisher extends SimpleFinisher {
    public void finishPopulation(final EvolutionState state, final int result)
    {

        JFrame f = new JFrame("A JFrame");
        f.setSize(250, 250);
        f.setLocation(300,200);
        f.getContentPane().add(BorderLayout.CENTER, new JTextArea(10, 40));
        f.setVisible(true);
    }
}

However, the JFrame that pops up only stays for less than a second.  If I create a JFrame as follows:

import java.awt.BorderLayout;
import javax.swing.*;

public class JFrameTester {
            JFrame f = new JFrame("A JFrame");
            f.setSize(250, 250);
            f.setLocation(300,200);
            f.getContentPane().add(BorderLayout.CENTER, new JTextArea(10, 40));
            f.setVisible(true);
          }
}

The JFrame is visible / the program does not terminate until I close the JFrame.  How do I make the JFrame in the RunFinisher
class above stay visible / active until I close it?

Bing™  brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place.   Try it now.