I get the bozo award today.. :( I had forgotten that I also had this
parameter set in my Eclipse JRE defaults and apparently that option
overrides the option in the Java run configuration. Performance still
sucks -- in fact I can't even get my app to run at 1900 x 1200. What
gives, Apple? How can anyone use this setup with default?

______
Little update on this.. I'm now running with Java 1.6 (64) on Mac Pro
and AFAICT apple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz has no effect at all now --
the graphics work fine OOTB.

On Sep 26, 2008, at 8:32 PM, Sean Luke wrote:

> hwaccel no longer matters in most modern versions of OS X, so it's
> there just for legacy now.
>
> Quaqua is better in many respects, but it already does some GUI
> tweaking that MASON has done, so doubling it looks bad.  The item
> we're borrowing from Quaqua right now is the color picker.
>
> Sean
>
> Miles Parker wrote:
>> Besides that and Quaqua (how do you like that btw?) I'm just seeing
>> HW com.apple.hwaccel... its a nice idea to set the system property
>> -- normally I wouldn't as it could override a user option -- but as
>> it is so bad w/o and the OpenGL is so useless..
>> On Sep 26, 2008, at 5:48 AM, Sean Luke wrote:
>>> This system property is one of the items I'm setting
>>> programmatically. See the static { } regions of Display2D,
>>> Display3D, and Console.
>>>
>>> Note that it's gonna get ignored by applets no matter what.  :-(
>>>
>>> Sean

Miles T. Parker
Metascape, LLC

mailto:[log in to unmask]