Hi

I'm interested in using ECJ in a test harness I'm developing.  But before I
do, could I check a few things with you to see if ECJ will support my
requirements:

1) I need to implement an Island model (which I've never done before, so the
easier the better), are there any nice examples to look through to see how
to implement this?

2) I need to run an external command, and then parse a text file output by
this command to evaluate my fitness.  At the moment I'm just using a
threadpool of runtime.exec()s to do this, will ECJ support this (I suppose
there should be no reason why it shouldn't) or even support the
runtime.exec()s and the threads being handled by ECJ itself under it's
server/client model?

If these aren't possible, or this would be easier using another Java Genetic
Algorithm library, could you possibly suggest one also?  I am also looking
at JGAP (and wishing GAUL was available for Java, but ECJ does seem to have
everything it has/had), if these help?

Thank you for any help and suggestions you can give.

Alex

------------------All Text Below This Line Is My Signature------------------

Alex Wood                                         Web Page:
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/~alexj

RTS Group                                        E-Mail:

Room D111

The Sally Baldwin Buildings            Phone:  Internal 3241

University of York                                            External 01904
433241

York

YO10 5DD