Hello,

Attached is the detail about a potential job opportunity for all
graduate students in Computer Science Department.

*Software Engineer
Sentia Group, Inc. is a small but growing company based in Washington,
D.C. with offices in
Georgetown. Sentia develops and applies human behavioral models to
analyze complex political, social,
and cultural issues supporting real world decision making by the
Department of Defense and the
Intelligence Community. Sentia is currently recruiting a software
engineer with a minimum of 3-5 years
of programming experience. More senior candidates are also encouraged to
apply. An active security
clearance or the potential to obtain a clearance is a strong positive
for this position.
We are looking for someone who has a background in a variety of
programming languages, whose
approach to programming is flexible, and who can rapidly construct
solutions and deliver software to
our customers. Our ideal candidate would have an understanding of
project resources and deliverables
for a full software solution, and would work collaboratively and closely
with social science modelers. We
expect to maintain a fast-paced, agile-driven environment: delivering
application releases in 3-4 week
cycles with weekly iterations and daily builds. A strong plus is
informal experience with Agile methods
and an acute understanding of the principles that drive them.
Necessary skills:
 Experience with client service projects
 Formal computer science training and degree
 Experience with J2EE and .Net (Knowledge of HTML, DHTML, SQL, XML also
required)
 Experience with database design
 Knowledge of design patterns
 Experience with n tiered architecture design
 Strong communication abilities
Desirable skills:
 Ruby on Rails, Adobe Flex, Java Swing, C#, MS Silverlight, Python

Brian Efird, Ph.D.*

Executive Vice President

Sentia Group, Inc.

1066 31st Street, NW