Hi,

I would appreciate if someone could give their understanding of DE, perhaps with pseudocode (or a pointer to some). The Wikipedia page on DE is awful. I can't find a web page that explains the algorithm step by step, explains what DE means by crossover, etc. My impression at the moment is that there is no rationale or theory to it, it was just hacked together. Even PSO's "bird flocking == function optimisation" is better than that.

Cheers,

David vun Kannon