If the builder was creating a one-node tree, this message would not be
expected to be called.

But the "larger than requested" stuff is totally wrong -- that's a cut
and paste error from fixing a mix-up in this message before (in the last
  version of ECJ we'd mixed up TERMINAL and NON-TERMINAL).  Oops!  Will
fix, ignore that part.

Sean