Hi,

As I understand, when using Master-Slave evaluation the Master generates
a seed from the wallclock and sends it to the slaves.  As a result, the
runs are not repeatable regardless of the timings of evaluation by the
slaves.  Can I change this so that the slaves are given seeds from their
parameter files, or from the Mersenne Twister in the Master?  Please
could you let me know the rationale behind the decision to use the
wallclock, I know you will have one!

If we choose to farm out evaluations with max_jobs_per_slave set to M/N
(M = pop size, N = slaves), and we had control over the seeds of the
slaves, wouldn't we be able to perfectly replicate an individual run?
For me, this would be more important than efficiency (especially
considering my slaves are almost identical).

Thanks,

David

--
David R White