Peter Drake wrote:

>> pop.subpop.1.species = ec.gp.GPSpecies
>>
>> gp.species.fitness = ec.gp.koza.KozaFitness
>
> This shortcut doesn't seem to work:

A bug: when we moved Fitness into Species last iteration, I forgot to
add its default base.

>> One ugliness above is that Subpopulations must still be defined
>> using the standard form and not the defaults form because I hadn't
>> added defaults forms for them.  That'll be remedied in a few
>> minutes on CVS.  You should then be able to say:
>
> That sounds much better. Let me know when it's up.

It's up on CVS now, as is the bugfix above.

> That's a help, although it's still a bit cryptic. Near the end of
> the output:
>
> PARAMETER: gp.tc.0
>          P: finish = ec.simple.SimpleFinisher
>          P: breed = ec.simple.SimpleBreeder
>          P: pop.subpops = 2
>         !P: breed.elite.0
>         !P: breed.elite.1
>          P: eval = ec.simple.SimpleEvaluator
>          P: eval.problem = orego.gp.MostC3s
>          P: eval.problem.stack = ec.gp.ADFStack
>         <P: gp.problem.stack
>          P: eval.problem.stack.context = ec.gp.ADFContext
>         <P: gp.adf-stack.context
>          E: eval.problem.stack.context.data = orego.gp.DoubleData
>         <E: gp.adf-context.data
>          E: eval.problem.stack.context.data = orego.gp.DoubleData
>          P: eval.problem.stack.context.data = orego.gp.DoubleData
>         <P: gp.adf-context.data
>          P: eval.problem.data = orego.gp.DoubleData
>         <P: gp.problem.data
>         !E: eval.masterproblem
>         !E: eval.masterproblem

It's documented in ParameterDatabase:

  * An optional set of parameters, "print-params", specifies whether
or not
  * parameters should be printed as they are used (through one of the
get(...)
  * methods). If print-params is unset, or set to false or FALSE,
nothing is
  * printed. If set to non-false, then the parameters are printed
prepended with a "P:"
  * when their values are requested,  "E:" when their existence is
tested.  Prior to the
  * "P:" or "E:" you may see a "!" (meaning that the parameter isn't
in the database),
  * or a "<" (meaning that the parameter was a default parameter
which was never
  * looked up because the primary parameter contained the value).

Sean