Hi, Macklem,

I just downloaded ECJ16 and run the parity example:
(GP) Even 4-Parity
java ec.Evolve -file app/parity/parity.params -p eval.problem.even=true
, and it is OK on my machine.  According to your description, it seems to be a problem with your parameter file.  There should NOT be a parameter called " pop.subpop.0.species.pipe.source.0.problem" unless you are doing some customized design.

The problem is meant to be specified in the way such that, in the parameter file, e.g., :
"ECJ_ROOT/ec/app/parity/parity.params ",
there should be a line call "eval.problem=YOUR_PROBLEM_CLASS"(#97 if nothing is changed)  :
"eval.problem = ec.app.parity.Parity"

Perhaps you can try to mark off all lines start with " pop.subpop.0.species.pipe.source.0.problem", and check if your problem is correctly specified.

Cheers,

T.S.Yo