Hi, Macklem,

I just downloaded ECJ16 and run the parity example:
*(GP) Even 4-Parity* java ec.Evolve -file app/parity/parity.params -p
eval.problem.even=true , and it is OK on my machine.  According to your
description, it seems to be a problem with your parameter file.  There
should NOT be a parameter called "pop.subpop.0.species.pipe.source.0.problem"
unless you are doing some customized design.

The problem is meant to be specified in the way such that, in the parameter
file, e.g., :
"*ECJ_ROOT/ec/app/parity/parity.params*",
there should be a line call "eval.problem=YOUR_PROBLEM_CLASS"(#97 if nothing
is changed)  :
*"eval.problem = ec.app.parity.Parity"*

Perhaps you can try to mark off all lines start with "
pop.subpop.0.species.pipe.source.0.problem", and check if your problem is
correctly specified.

Cheers,

T.S.Yo

On Oct 30, 2007 8:02 AM, Loretta Macklem <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run the parity example without making changes to it. I am
> getting errors that say"No class name provided parameter:
> pop.subpop.0.species.pipe.source.0.problem" and if I put that parameter
> equal to the problem class, I get a similar one for the stack. Anyone know
> how to fix this? I didnt change anything in the example, so I am wondering
> if there is something I need to do to make it work.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> --
> Loretta Macklem
> Graduate Teaching Assistant