Steven,

As far as the library requirements are concerned, you need following libraries:

1) GeoTool, version 2.3.2 will work, I have used 2.2.1;
2) Jung, version 1.7.4 is the one I used, but any should work.;
3) Mason;
4) Mason bundle;
5) Common collections, geotools zip you can download has 2.0, attach 3.2 as well.

Such a configuration should suffice. Browsing through my resources I discovered long time ago I created a movie that shows how to set up GeoTools for use with Eclipse (but without adding Mason-related libraries, just GeoTools proper):

http://www.css.gmu.edu/~mlatek/downloads/Stuff/testingGeotools/

I hope this helps. If not, I will try to upload a zipped workspace project (my experience was it does not really help, you get so many problems with paths, access rights that it is easier to set a new fresh project).

Regards

Maciek