Hi

I might be completely off here, but your applet tries to use a picture
outside its jar, and since it does not have the rights of a local
application, it bombs.

It says in Web Tutorial 2: Build an Applet
(http://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/mason/extensions/webtutorial2/)

"The jar file should contain all the non-standard classes that might be
loaded during the course of running the applet, plus any pictures or
auxillary data loaded by the applet."

Gabriel