Hi

The *multi* in MultibreedingPipeline does not refer to subpopulations.
(Each subpopulation has its own operators, which rely on different pipelines.)

It refers to multiple pipelines. The javadoc comment for
MultiBreedingPipeline says that

MultiBreedingPipeline is a BreedingPipeline [that] stores some <i>n</i>
child sources;
 * each time it must produce an individual or two,
 * it picks one of these sources at random and has it do the production.

So it picks one of the pipelines at random. Each pipeline can have a
probability associated with it (inherited from
BreedingSource.probability), so you should change those if you want to
dynamically increase (decrease) the prob of xover over mutation for
instance.

//If you want to change the rate of mutation (instead of 1/L, 1/L+0.003)
or what have you, then this not the best place. Look at defaultCrossover, defaultMutate
in (in your case) DoubleVectorIndividual.

Let me know if it works out for you. If not, send me some code (please
strip down what's not relevant), and I'll look into it.

Gabriel