-----Mensaje original-----
De: ECJ Evolutionary Computation Toolkit
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] En nombre de Sean Luke
Enviado el: sábado, 12 de mayo de 2007 0:12
Para: [log in to unmask]
Asunto: Re: Error message using SPEA2 package

I'm wondering if we broke something in SPEA in some of the recent
changes to ECJ16's population model.

1. Does the same problem occur in ECJ 15?
2. Can you provide a small test example which exhibits this property
in ECJ 16?

Sean

On May 11, 2007, at 8:09 AM, Eva Alfaro wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My name is Eva Alfaro-Cid and I work in a research institute in
> Valencia
> (Spain).
>
> Lately I have been working on the creation of bankruptcy prediction
> models
> using GP. I am trying to use the multiobjective SPEA2 package for my
> problem but I get an error message that says:

> Initializing Generation 0
>
>   Truncating the archive
> Exception in thread "EvolutionAgent.0789779.3185923"
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at ec.select.TournamentSelection.produce
> (TournamentSelection.java:170)
>         at ec.gp.koza.CrossoverPipeline.produce
> (CrossoverPipeline.java:260)
>         at ec.breed.MultiBreedingPipeline.produce
> (MultiBreedingPipeline.java:130)
>         at ec.multiobjective.spea2.SPEA2Breeder.breedPopChunk
> (SPEA2Breeder.java:177)
>         at ec.multiobjective.spea2.SPEA2Breeder.breedPopulation
> (SPEA2Breeder.java:108)
>         at ec.simple.SimpleEvolutionState.evolve
> (SimpleEvolutionState.java:118)
>         at ec.drm.EvolutionAgent.run(EvolutionAgent.java:484)
>
> I guess I have done something wrong while setting the parameters in
> the .params file. (See attachment)
>
> Can anyone help me to figure out what I am doing wrong?
>
> Best regards, Eva
>
> <Y:ecjSambaecappquiebrasMOCopy of quiebras.params>

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:17

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
16:46