Generations are independent of the selection procedure.  In
generational selection, individuals are evaluated, and then through a
process of selection and breeding, a new population is formed.  Once
the new population is in place, it replaces the old one and the cycle
repeats.  That's one generation.

The only exception to this is in steady state evolution, where ECJ
used to abuse the "generation" marker to mean something else -- but
we've since changed that and there is a formal definition in steady
state evolution as to what everything is.

Sean