Hi everyone.

My name is Jurie Oberholzer and I am a computer science honours student at the University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa. My research project is focussed on developinbg an evaluation function for a native game called orabaraba. It is very similar to twelve mens morris. I was just wondering a couple of things. I know that ECJ is very complicated and was wondering if it might be to difficult for me to learn. I am wondering if there is a simpler genetic programming system that I coud use?

I also can not seem to get ecj to work. I have downloaded JFreeChart and am trying to run both make chart and make javac and all I get is errors. I am just trying to get ecj to work so that I can experiment with the tutorials and examples. Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Jurie Oberholzer, Johannesburg, South Africa