It sounds to me that it's probably not a MASON problem but a problem
with the mason.bat file.  We'll check it out and get back to you; but
if you like you might beat us to the punch by poking around there.

MASON's script files are very straightforward: they add to the
CLASSPATH the mason directory and any jar file located inside the
mason directory.  Then they run [java sim.display.Console] and that's
about it.  My guess is the CLASSPATH setup is being broken because of
the spaces, either by the script or by Sun's VM.

Sean