I'm interested in initializing the initial population by using randomly
generated individuals at the one hand (using grow, half, or uniform), and
by reusing individuals from previous optimizations on the other hand. Is
this basically possible? Is there any documentation about seeding?

As far as I know, when specifying pop.subpop.0.file=$myFile the initial
population will be created from the individuals from the given file. Why
is it important to have the fitness value also saved to this file? The
current optimization could use a different fitness function and hence this
value would be irrelevant.

Furthermore, I'd like to have an initial population containing 50
individuals. The seeding file contains only 10 individuals. How can I
specify that the remaining 40 individuals shall be generated using a
built-in tree builder (such as grow)?

Thanks for any help,
Stefan

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards