Thanks for the quick reply.  That was all the help i needed about the
inspectors.  I had seen that stuff in the tutorials about the
inspectors, but didn't know to pull them up.  I think it was around
tutorial 4 when i stopped reading and just decided to dig into the code.

one more question.  right now, i am simulating an agent broadcasting a
message to its neighbors by having it put its neighbors in a Bag and
reading their state information that way.  (this is kind of a 'pull'
operation as opposed to the real world 'push' operation).  is there a
better way to simulate sending a message to your neighbors?  also, is
there any way to simulate line of sight behavior of this message passing?

thanks again,
-Ben