On Dec 16, 2005, at 4:13 AM, Axel Kowald wrote:

>> Axel, our current in-house code is working fine with JFreeChart-1.0.
>> We may have made updates to the charting code but I don't see any
>> specific fixes for JFreeChart changes in our CHANGES file.  Still, if
>> you'd like a copy, I'll send you one.
>>
> it it is not too much trouble I would be grateful if you could send me
> your current version.

Will do so.  BTW, have you tried recompiling ECJ from scratch?  It
may be that they just changed the constructor signature.  In UNIX and
on the Mac, you go into the same directory as the Makefile and type
        make clean
        make chart

> Btw., would you mind to comment on my recent other posting where I
> wonder if it is possible to use/setup/modify ECJ in such a way that
> each
> individual carries the information of its own mutation rate and that
> this information is also subject to mutation and selection.

ECJ does not have this set up by default, as it's a highly experiment-
specific item.  What does the mutation rate look like?  How is it
stored in the individual?  Etc.

STORAGE: If you're using DoubleVectorIndividual or
FloatVectorIndividual, your mutation rate could be just an additional
item in your vector.  If you're using some other representation,
you'll need a place to store the rate and some way to modify/mutate
the *rate*.  You can best do this by just subclassing your
individual's class and adding a double which has the rate; but you'll
also need to add a custom mutator to the pipeline which mutates that
rate.

MODIFICATION: Now that you have a rate stored, you need to use it to
mutate.  The easiest way to do this is to create a mutation pipeline
which copies the individual, checks to see if the individual is of
the proper subclass, then extracts the rate and mutates the
individual using that rate.  Alternatively, if you're using a
VectorIndividual of some kind, it may be easiest to just override the
defaultMutate() method to mutate using the known rate.

Sean