In conjunction with a new release that should come out relatively
soon, I am are pondering relicensing ECJ under a formal academic (BSD-
style) license.  This would eliminate the current license
requirements of informing me of results produced under the license.
My top choice at the moment is the Academic Free License, version 2.1
or 3.0:

2.1     http://www.opensource.org/licenses/afl-2.1.php
3.0     http://www.rosenlaw.com/AFL3.0.htm              [in beta, sorta]

This license is more or less the same as the existing license, but it
is written in better legalese and is well-respected.  Stallman (and
Stallman alone) thinks that the AFL is incompatible with the GPL --
but so is our existing license.

I'm open to any non-viral, non-LGPL license options.  Please offer
your opinions!

Sean