It is not a change I really made throughout the library, but all the code I've written doesn't use the object recycling which is prevalent throughout ECJ. I don't have any numbers, but it is generaly accepted that object creation is so cheap, that it is useless to recycle large amounts of small objects and that it will actually slow the program down. It also introduces extra unneeded complexity in the design of ECJ and I rather see it go than stay.

Just my 2 cents...
Arjan