Tnx,
I will certainly try the second one,

Thanks again,
Allan

On 9/11/05, Liviu Panait <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Allan,

There are multiple approaches to doing that.  Here are two you may want
to try:

1. Create a custom statistics object that waits until the end of the
run, then takes the best individual and tests it on the unseen examples
2. Use a statistics file that outputs the best individual to a file in
a machine-readable format.  Then start another run that has a single
individual in the population (the population is initialized from a file
containing that single individual) and lasts a single generation.  Here
are some parameters you may want to use:

eval.problem =
sim.app.myapp.TestOnUnseenExamplesProblem

pop.subpop.0.size =             1
stat.file =                                     unseen-examples.stat
pop.subpop.0.file =             <filename-with-best-individual>
generations =                   1

Regards,

Liviu.