Beyond Gabriel's comments, here are some more.

On May 2, 2005, at 10:22 AM, Steve Butcher (Steve-O) wrote:

> 1) for each new individual, I'd like to record:
>        a) whether it was random (initial population), cloned (via
> reproduction) or grafted (via crossover).

For these, the easiest approach is to subclass the various
BreedingPipelines you're using and override the produce(...) method to
tag your individuals as they are produced.

As far as global information, the easiest way to extend statistics is
to create your own Statistics subclass and hang it as a child of the
existing Statistics subclass.

Sean