I may have some time to help in this issue as well.  I would like to know,
as well, the java version, the mason version, and the parameters of your
evolution.  To get them, try running the system as follows:

java ec.Evolve -file yourfile.params -p print-used-params=true

and send me a copy of the output.

I think I encountered a similar problem as you mention with an older
version of the vector individuals.  I thought the error was fixed.

Liviu.