Dear Sean,

> I think the easiest approach is to modify the produce() method of the
> breeding pipelines you're using to mark the children with information
> about their parents before returning them.  Let's assume that you've
> modified individuals to hold pointer relevant statistical information.

Yes, just as I thought. But then it is not possible to do it by subclassing the relevant breeding pipeline, I still need to copy + paste the code into a separate class, right? Being that the case, maybe it would be interesting to add some kind of listener interface to the breeding pipelines in a future ECJ release. I don't know how interesting that would be for other applications, however.

Thanks for the help,

Artur.