Hi to all,

A while ago I have posted a question on how to generate phylogenetic trees from ECJ runs (you can see my original post below, after this message). At that time, Gabriel Balan kindly gave me some source code for this but unfortunately it is not complete, and he cannot help me at this time as he is currently out of the country.

Basically I am just trying to generate the relationships between individuals in succeeding generations --- whether they are connected by mutation, crossover and reproduction, and to which parents. Do I need to create my own breeding pipeline or extend the existing ones for recording this information? It doesn't seem easy to extend the pipelines for this. Any advice would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Artur Matos.

I have just started using ECJ, so first of all please excuse me if this is a rather simple question. I would like to generate a kind of "evolutionary tree" for a run, that would display how the
individuals on each two succeeding generations are connected between them --- either by mutation, reproduction or crossover. For this, not only do I need to store all the individuals, but also their evolutionary relationships. I think I can use a simple Statistics object for storing all the individuals, my question is on how to obtain their evolutionary relationships. Do I need to create my own breeding pipeline for this? Being this the case, could someone please indicate the overall structure for this? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Artur Matos.