    Hi,

    I need to put a small GUI on top of an ECJ application. The GUI would
give the user control over a couple of ECJ parameters, like population size,
number of generations, mutation rate, etc. I would still like to store the
rest of my parameters in a parameter file. The GUI should also provide 4
buttons: Start, Stop, Pause & Resume.
    For the first part, concerning parameters, what's the easiest way to
achieve it other than generating a parameter file from the code and then
calling Evolve.main?
    For the second part, can I use checkpoints to implement it, given the
fact that I do not know when the user will press Pause? Or is there another
way to do it?

    Thanks in advance,
    Elena