Here are a few remarks based on my initial use of MASON.
0. I installed MASON, it works, I wrote some extensions (elaborated some
cellular automata examples based on tutorial1and2).
But when I imported it to Eclipse using the instructions in
https://cs.gmu.edu/~eclab/projects/mason/extensions/eclipse/, I got tons of
error messages. The console still appeared, but the example simulations, like
ants, did not run, due to many errors. I guess Eclipse tried to
recompile and did not succeed; could it be a conflict with my other installation (in a different folder)?
1. Manual page 15: when buddies.clear() is first written in the example program, the class
containing buddies has not been imported yet.
2. Manual page 19: When the running time is limited in the example run, not the -time
option but the -until option is needed.
3. Correction to the mason.command: when creating the new CLASSPATH,
the ORIGINAL_CLASSPATH should be put into quotes, otherwise when it contains a * with a meaning
``all jar files'', it will expanded and this will lead to a no match error in tcsh.
4. Correction to the TableLoader class: in the implementations of the flipY option there is a one-off error:
for(int j = 0; j < height/2; j++)
int temp = vals[i][j];
vals[i][j] = vals[i][height-j-1]; // was + 1
vals[i][height-j-1] = temp; // was + 1