EC-DIGEST-L Archives

July 2017

EC-DIGEST-L@LISTSERV.GMU.EDU

From:
Eric 'Siggy' Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Evolutionary Computation Digest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:26:52 -0400
Evolutionary Computation Digest — Monday, 10 July 2017, Volume 31: Issue 7
extra

SUBMISSION ADDRESS:    [log in to unmask]
NEW LIST ARCHIVE:      http://listserv.gmu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=EC-DIGEST-L

(UN)SUBSCRIPTION INSTRUCTIONS:  at the bottom of this email

Editor's note: The following announcement is time-sensitive, so we've opted
to send it out between the normal July and August issues of the EC-Digest.

Sender: Sean Luke <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ECJ Simultaneous Versions 24 and 25, and a plea for help

I don't normally post ECJ version updates to GP or EC-DIGEST, but this
one matters.

I will be attending GECCO and would appreciate it if some of you might
consider joining ECJ's "power user" board -- even if you're not a
regular ECJ user but would like to have some say in its future
directions.  We might have a short informal meeting at GECCO.  Please
send me email.

GMU has received a 3-year NSF grant to make ECJ a broad-based, common
metaheuristics tool which is both easier to use and still
high-performance.

So we've begun making significant changes to ECJ.  ECJ version *25*
includes NEAT, a the start of a string of EDAs (CMA-ES, DOvS for the
moment), and a dedicated single-state (HC, simulated annealing, etc.)
package.  We'll be making MANY more improvements beyond this so get
ready.

ECJ version *24* is our last legacy ECJ version prior to the major changes.

 following text in the body of the message:

   subscribe ec-digest-l <Your Name (up to 4 words)>

 - To unsubscribe send email to [log in to unmask] containing the
 following text in the body of the message:

   unsubscribe ec-digest-l

 - To change your email address, simply unsubscribe the old address
 and subscribe the new one.

 - Send other administrative requests to

 End of Evolutionary Computation Digest